Off-Highway Vehicle Federal and State Regulations

Off-Highway Vehicle Federal and State Regulations


All OHVs operated or transported on public lands, roads or trails in the state of Utah must display a  current OHV registration sticker. The Utah Division of Motor Vehicles handles all OHV registrations.

No  one under the age of 8 is allowed to operate an OHV on public lands, roads or trails. Residents  between the age of 8 and 15 may ride, provided they possess an Education Certificate issued by Utah State Parks  and Recreation. All riders under 18 years of age must wear a helmet. For information on  Education certificates call 801-538-7433.

All OHVs are required to have a muffler and spark arrestor. Please be aware of fire restrictions. To find out about current fire restrictions in the area, call 801-342-5100 or visit

Check with the Pleasant Grove Ranger District  for the most current information on conditions and updates on seasonal or temporary closures.

Remember: All routes and areas on the Uinta National Forest are closed to motorized use unless designated open in the Travel Plan (Interagency Travel Map or posted on the ground.

No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)