Salt Lake City, Utah—The Bureau of Land Management, Salt Lake Field Office announces a public scoping meeting for a proposed ATV motocross track and trail system on West Mountain. The meeting will be held on Jan. 27, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., at the Payson City Center, City Council Chambers, 439 West Utah Avenue, Payson, UT 84651. For directions, please call 801-465-5200.
Utah County is proposing an ATV motocross track and trail system at West Mountain as part of a county park system. A parcel at the south end of West Mountain, west of Payson Utah, has been identified to be used as the site for the motocross track facility. The proposed project would provide a track for ATV and motorcycle competitions, areas for recreational riding, parking, spectator seating, staging areas and restrooms. A Cooperative Agreement is being developed among Utah County, Payson City, the Bureau of Land Management, Utah State Parks and Recreation, and private groups to design and construct this facility.
Your input and comments are needed!!!
Comments may be submitted through any of the following methods:
Fax: (801) 977-4397
Outdoor Recreation Planner
BLM Salt Lake Field Office
2370 South 2300 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84119
To ensure your comments will be considered, the BLM must receive written comments by February 15, 2010. Your comments must include your name. Before including your address, phone number, e-mail address, or other personal identifying information in your comment, be advised that your entire comment- including your identifying information – may be made publically available at any time.
A few points you may want to include in your comments:
· You feel this project is good use of Public Lands.
· OHV use is a legitimate use of public lands.
· There is a great need in Utah Valley for such a facility.
· This project would improve the West Mt. Area for the public.
· You are pleased that the BLM is considering such an improvement to there management for the area.
· Managing with cooperation form the Utah County, Payson city, Utah State Parks and Recreation, local business (Rocky Mountain ATV/MC) and local Clubs and organizations, is a very good idea.
· Close to home and family.
· You see that the partners of this project have done a great job to consider the needs and concerns of adjoining property owners and the public’s needs.
· And, We would like to see this project completed for the entertainment and recreation this facility will facilitate.