Vintage 1986 ATC250R For Sale (Still in Original Crate)

by admin on 10/26/2010 · 11 comments

in Vintage ATV

1984 Honda ATC 250R in original packing crate. Click Photo to Enlarge

Now and again its great to be nostalgic. Today I found a piece of my childhood.

I was reading about a rare find on E-Bay.  It’s a one of a kind 1986 Honda ATC 250R still in its original packing crate.

Here is a very  rare 1986 Honda ATC 250R three wheeler in parts. No bull, this is the real deal and is the only ATC 250R known in the world to be still in it’s original shipping crate. It is used, unassembled and has never been removed from the original crate, straight from Japan in 1986

In 1983 my family inherited some money. My parents made a deal that if I milked our cow for a year they would get me a dirt bike or ATV.  I spent the next 18 months going to motorcycle dealers all over Sacramento looking at and gathering brochures and posters.  One of the biggest posters I had was of a Honda ATC 250R.

This crated ATC’s cardboard cover has been removed at times, allowing for display, reinstalled, and then stored back in a dry dark environment. The cover has gotten brittle over the years and has been  removed less than 10 times for inspection and viewing. This 250R is a real complete time capsule. It is in amazing condition and is exactly as it arrived at the dealership’s dock back in 1986. It is a #’s matching, 100% year correct original. This particular machine was produced near the last build run, at Honda of Japan.

The poster on the left and the brochure on the right of the 1985 Honda 250 both hung on my bedroom wall for 4 years.

This unassembled ATC sold for over $44,000 on E-Bay.  This bike retailed new in 1986 for $2,348. Not a bad profit on a 24 year old investment.

This was a poster that hung in my room when I was a kid.

The back side of the same poster

No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Ivan geraldo April 14, 2011 at 3:06 am

increible es de verdad esto?????

Larry(atvrideroffroad) April 15, 2011 at 3:32 am

I was riding at the sand dunes in Michigan 2 years ago and there was two of these atc 250s there riding. was cool to see them, they were jumping the hill s and looked like they were having a blast! was cool to see an old bike still running around.well, i still ride a 1982 Honda XR250R.its complete rebuilt and runs like new. http://atvrideroffroad.blogspot.com/

Colton Ramsey September 9, 2011 at 1:49 am

I have a 1985 honda atc 250r and i completely restored it. Its a blast.

Eran B September 9, 2011 at 4:01 am

Great machines… Back in the day I came very close to buying one new.

Boone November 8, 2011 at 7:33 pm

i got an atc 250r with the missle kit a conversion from a three wheeler to a dirt bike

Daltongroup November 26, 2011 at 10:32 am

hey do you want to sell it?

e mail me ifinterested in selling it at daltongroup@hotmail.ca
@hotmail:disqus
Thanks Don

Shawn August 23, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I still have a 1986 ATC 250R that me and my boyfriend bought clear back in 1989. Been stored in my mom’s garage and now mine. Hasn’t been ridin since 1996. I can’t tell you how many guys wanted to buy it from over the years. Mint condition. Just can’t part with it.
Shawn in Idaho

MACK-ATTACK September 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I had a1982,1983,AND A 1985 Honda A.T.C.250 R.I RACED THEM AND STILL CAN’T BELIEVE THEY STOPPED PRODUCTION IN 1986???THEY WERE A BLAST TO RIDE..FLAT TRACKS,.SPEEDWAY,MOTOCROSS,FAIRWELL TO THE GROWN PULLERS…

Val Marketing September 15, 2013 at 4:05 am

This is a absolute gem, there are ATC250R classifieds free for use at http://www.thehondaatc250r.com for anyone else who wants to sell off their uncrated ( or heavily ridden) 250R’s

chad November 22, 2013 at 9:58 am

It was made to ride not stay in a box,its only worth anything if you enjoy riding it and the pride you get.I have 5 and they are in super condition but I ride them

chad November 22, 2013 at 10:00 am

Its not a poster to be hung on the wall