Yamaha introduces the new 700 and 550. There are a few things that impress me.
1. Finally an easier way to check and fill the oil. I don’t know why they thought it was ok to make me carry a nut driver to do this. Asinine. I am glad they finally listened.
2. Metal Screws instead of Plastic rivets. Again finally. Maybe Yamaha is starting to pay attention to its users.
3. Stiffer tires are needed for better control
New Things for 2012
- New oil access cover allows easy access to check oil level.
- Fenders have a textured finish that resist scratching and scuffing.
- Gas charged rear shocks offer a quality damping feel and excellent performance over a long period of time.
- Rugged Maxxis® tires get the Grizzly moving over the gnarliest terrain.