I am going to be honest lately I have been second guessing my Raptor 700 purchase. I often wonder if I would have been happier with a 450. After all its just as powerful but is lighter and built to jump. THe 700 is heavy and awkward in the air. Anyway just some thoughts as I ponder the 2014 models.
- All-new engine settings including a new ECU and an increase in the compression ratio add power output while dramatically increasing mid-range performance.
- New assist and slipper clutch uses lighter clutch springs which results in a lighter clutch pull to reduce racer/rider fatigue while reducing the effect of engine braking while downshifting.
- New throttle body assembly and muffler shape combine to improve throttle response.
- All-new suspension, including new front and rear shock absorbers, reduces weight and provides exceptional handling characteristics and rider comfort.
- All-new bodywork design was focused on improving the racer’s/rider’s ability to move around. New side shrouds improve comfort and reduce fatigue while new heel guards are positioned closer to the chassis to centralize the riding position and provide more room.
- New tires from Maxxis® with new tread design focus on consistent sliding control and awesome traction during cornering.
- Yamaha Diagnostic Tool (YDT) has been added to improve serviceability.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.